Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New Lessons in Trust


So, it's been 9 days since our arrival here in Fiesole, Italia. It's been absolutely exhausting...everything...even sleeping is tiring! Methinks it's because of the internal clock issues of jet lag and all. Not whining, just sayin...everything is different, so there is a physical and mental straining that is uncommon to us. Even with our straining in communication, transportation, verification, and sleep-u-lation, we are immensely enjoying this settling-in time before the girls start school, and we start our ministries.

Les and I have sent the girls on the 20-minute bus ride down the hill to Firenze...alone. Like, without us! Yes, they have a phone. Yes they can kick any Italian boy's ever-livin butt. But, we're learning new lessons in trust.

So Em and Grace are to meet us at a particular place at a particular time.

Welp, our timing got messed up, so we phoned the girls to say meet us at another location...then another...HA, this is great fun watching our baby girls act like young women (oh yeah, they are!).

Two hours later, we're all back @ our place.

Warning: This is NOT a sexist remark, but you may think it is...

It's different allowing your son to galavant around the world than your girls. Sorry, just is...

Do you have a comment about this? First, here are some of the girls' newest pics:



























5 comments:

  1. Interesting, I had a dream about your family last night. I was talking to Leslie and you and telling you everything is going to be ok. It takes time.... It was so real. I am praying for you guys!

    PS I agree on the boy girl thing. I allow my boys to do way more than I allow Abbie to do.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pix's... Who get's the credit - Gracie or Em? Great way to communicate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the pics. Especially that last one. Thanks for the update. And I am glad to learn that I am not crazy and that your blog is indeed this one and not the other one. I was so confused when I followed the link last time. I kept thinking, "I do t get it... I thought we couldn't figure out the password...". Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new post. Transition and change are always hard no matter how good something is. The pics are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya about girls GALavanting...especially in Italy! Tanner lived in Cortona, Itally for 3 months and survived. Love your "Dad's heart." Love y'all! XXOO

    ReplyDelete