Thursday, December 16, 2010

Leslie Reporting Back to her Women's Bible Study Group

by Leslie

Les with Staff in Bologna (read her 260 words below for deets)


Hi My Praying Sisters,

Thank you so much for praying for me yesterday. We had an amazing meeting!!

It was under 30 degrees here yesterday with the wind chill and I took my usual two busses to the train station. What a So. Cal. WIMP I am!! We arrived in Bologna, where it was even colder and walked about 15 minutes to a really cute little restaurant where we met with two couples and a single woman who live and do ministry in Bologna. One couple is on Campus Crusade for Christ staff, and the other are with a church planting ministry called TEAM. The second couple (linda and andy) have lived in Bologna for 23 years!! They were not aware of our film (even though they had used The Jesus Film in the past, they didnt know about Maddalena) and were SO excited about it. They want to join our effort for the March 8th distribution and said they have contact with 30 evangelical bodies in their area and think that they can help get 3,000 copies out. They are also interested in using the film with their work with rescuing prostitutes off the streets and Linda also had the idea of using it in a women's prison there. I guess they know one of the guards. We came away very encouraged and are excited to see what God will do!!

Thankful that today I get to be home!! Fire in the fire place, tea kettle going, George Winston on my itunes....

Love you all and miss you!!!
Leslie

As you can see the weather has changed in Fiesole - Very CHRISTmasy

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your updates. It's great to see how the Lord has been using your family to touch the lives of others. Miss you sweetie!! Love Mary Emerson

    ReplyDelete